This week longtime community news publisher Robert Niles released a new e-book intended to help community and niche news publishers build a strong business that helps communities while making money.
How to Make Money Publishing Community News Online is available for $11.99 from Amazon's Kindle store. Topics covered include:
- Identifying specific audiences and their unmet needs
- The community organizing model for news publishing
- Building your action team
- Analyzing your market and competition
- Evaluating your work with analytics
Tomorrow, KDMC will publish an interview with Niles (who founded the Online Journalism Review blog, as well as three popular community news sites), where he explains how the strategies in his book apply to venues covering communities defined by either geography or topic.